Tuesday, June 17, 2008

America's Favorite Pastime--Tee Ball

Isaiah completed his first season of Tee Ball on Saturday. What fun to watch thirteen 5 & 6 year olds play baseball. And by "play baseball" I mean spin in circles while waiting for the batter to hit, dig holes in the dirt in the infield, lay on the ground and make dirt angels, race your fellow teammates to be first to the ball at which time you all throw down on the ground and try to be the first to come up with the ball, wear a batting helmet that is so big you have to push it up in order to see where you are running. Isaiah enjoyed playing, but he especially enjoyed the snack that always came after the game. He would even get disappointed when we would say we were just going to practice because there was no snack after practice. It was a great learning experience for him and he improved a lot from game 1 to game 19. Yes, they did have 19 games on their schedule. Justin and I thought that was a little crazy, but we did have fun and really enjoyed the games when the sun peeked through our ever present clouds. Last night was the end of the year party where every player received a trophy with their name on it. Isaiah is very proud of his. I just don't know what I am going to do with all the trophies that we will end up with when every kid gets one for every season of every sport played. I don't know if I like the trend, but I know my kids do. Good Times!



No comments: