Sunday, June 22, 2008

...To Grandma's House We Go!



The boys and I packed up and headed over the mountains for some time at Grandma and Grandpa's house. After packing up a bunch of shorts and flip flops in preparation for some sun, that we have not seen much of yet this year, we packed in to our car and took off. I stopped off at the Tacoma Mall to have some fun with the boys at Build-a-Bear (they were having a special). Elijah chose to build a dinosaur that is now named Jayko and Isaiah chose to build a Turtle which he named Karzon. Both have become very attached to their new friends. After using some coupons to get free pretzels at Auntie Anne's, we were back on the road.

We passed the time in the car with snacks, naps, and Adventures in Odyssey. After what, I am sure, seemed like days for the boys we made it to my parent's house in Prosser. My nephews Jonah and Gabe are here for the week as well, so the boys get to have some cousin time in addition to their Grandma and Grandpa time.

My parents recently paved their driveway and parking area so there is lots of room for the boys to ride scooters, which they have been doing a lot of. On Saturday afternoon/evening we sat outside while they played around out there. While they were playing a storm rolled in with thunder and lightning, wind, and huge raindrops. You can see the dark clouds and the wind in the pictures. Elijah is not in any of those pictures because he was taking a much needed afternoon nap.

I will post more pictures as our week progresses. The boys are looking forward to spending time with Adia (another cousin), going swimming at Aunt Dinah's, going for a hike, and just the usual of watching movies and playing video games.

1 comment:

Justin said...

Hi family. I miss you so much! Looks like your having a great time at Grandma and Grandpa's house. Wish I was there with you. Give Grandma and Grandpa a big hug for me. And give mommy a big kiss for me. I'll talk to you on the phone tonight. Have fun in the sun!

Love Daddy.